Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Review: Radical

I just finished Radical by David Platt yesterday afternoon. This book challenged me and stretched me. It does a wonderful job of convicting us where we need it most. What are we seeking after? Here is an excerpt from the last chapter of the book...sums it up pretty well!
"Throughout this book we have explored a variety of bold claims about our purpose in life that are contained in the gospel yet contradicted by the American dream. Claims such as these: Real success is found in radical sacrifice. Ultimate satisfaction is found not in making much of ourselves but in making much of God. The purpose of our lives transcends the country and culture in which we live. Meaning is found in community, not individualism; joy is found in generosity, not materialism; and truth is found in Christ, not universalism. Ultimately, Jesus is a reward worth risking everything to know, experience, and enjoy."
If Jesus is the truth, giver of life to the full, and has my best in mind...why don't I always live life loved and trust in Him completely? Why don't I go to any and all lengths to tell everyone about the Savior? I hope you'll read this book...get out of your comfort zone...and get a little more Radical!

No comments:

Post a Comment